Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Saddening, Diappointing, depressing....

It was so saddening and disappointing to hear the rejection of participating in the Youth Exchange Program from my friends. First, Carmen. Second, Rou ying and her friend. what's this? Oh my, i'm not forcing you to go neither am I saying that it is a must to go. Last week I was so happy that I distributed all the forms and now? overall 5 forms, I got back 3 blank forms. 0_0 Aren't you going to be mad? I felt sorry and disappointing for my dad as well. He told me to help him on this and I promised to make sure the forms will have people occupied and now? I dare not tell him yet. It's like over 5, 1 available, 1 not sure, 3 unavailable!!!

This morning I have really no mood to wake up after reading Rou Ying's message! The youth Exchange Program is really terrific. It is not in terms of Fun. The fun just depends on individuals and whether their host families will bring them to anywhere or not. For me, I had real fun because I had the best Host families. Besides, promoting my own country seemed to be rather fun? Once I'm at other people's country, I don't know why but I enjoy telling them what I do at my country, what customs do we have, what are the interesting places here, though I dislike my country. I didn't know that I'm able to promote so perfectly! Even my host dad changed his interest from Thailand to Malaysia!

Somehow I just don't understand, parents. Why? Youth Exchange is not just having fun you know? It is about life changing experiences. when your child's age is over 22, you have no more chance! Hosting is fun you know? Yes, I agree that it would be very troublesome to bring them around but try to look at it in a different way, if you host them, you will understand their culture better, you will learn some things. For me, I learned a lot when I hosted my Japanese girl. Just both of us can exchange cultural experience, different culture.

To be right, this program is about understanding each and another's culture and country, language. There might be a language barrier in certain country you wanna visit, for eg. Japan. Yes, there is. So what? Learn it! Learn the Language to communicate with your host. Just learn a little will do, not whole course. Just learn something that relates to daily activity and words or sentence you might use.

In my group to Japan-Narita, of course they have also some complains about the Japanese but most of them enjoyed, very much. Some even cried of missing Japan on the day we left. Surprisingly, I did not cry. May be it is because I only spend 6 days with my 3rd host..

Anyway, I just wanna say that this youth exchange program is really a meaningful, experiencing, once in a life time and wonderful experience. If any of you missed it, I'm just going to say that it is going to be a waste! Thus, want to go or not, choose it yourself! That's all!

No comments: