Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Secret to Excellent Grades!

An inspiring post I found on the secret!


The Secret to Excellent Grades!

I always had excellent grades in school. All the way through my elementary school, and my high school, I performed brilliantly, always finishing with top grades. What could strike someone as odd-I really didn't spend that much time studying. Sometimes, even I myself would wonder at this when I'd see some of my friends studying more then me, yet getting weaker results. I tried to write it off to intelligence, but I knew in my heart that they are no less intelligent then myself. I even tried to help them by giving them advice, trying to explain to them what I do, but it was just out of my grasp- it sounded silly. What I truly wanted to tell them is this:

I like studying. I like knowing different things, and therefore I don't find anything to be boring. I always tend to see the interesting side of some subject, that is why when I sit down and study I have full concentration, because I'm not worried that I won't understand something, or that something is too much for me. I KNOW that I'm capable of understanding anything I read, and memorizing it. I just KNOW that I'm smart, and that I'm meant to have top grades.

When I read The Secret it virtually popped into my mind that all that time I was using The Secret unconsciously, and that straightened my belief tremendously, because then I knew I can use The Secret in any area of my life.

But, that's not the end of it. In high school I still hadn't read The Secret. At that time, my belief was self-produced. The Secret came into my life when I summoned it.

It was time for college. I chose to study Law, according to my interests, but I knew that I was facing a lot of hard work if I wanted to maintain my perfect academic performance.

I don't know about colleges in the USA, but I can only suppose that they also require a lot of work. In Serbia, colleges are pretty tough, and Belgrade Law School has the longest tradition on the Balkans, and is really prestigious. I went there on my first day, feeling enthusiastic, but also quite intimidated. I really wasn't sure if I could achieve my heart's desire, and that's to have all 10's on my exams (grading system ranges from 5 to 10,where 10 equals an A).To top it all of-my examiners (our exams are always verbal) were known as "demanding". I wanted to believe, but at the same time, it seemed a goal to big for me. My motivation for studying wasn't really at it's peak, and I didn't get the best mark on my first written task. It was really a huge blow for me because I was accustomed of getting all the best marks. At that time I really felt lost.

I don't really know the day when I got my hands on a copy of The Secret - book. I was reading it, and I just knew. I just felt that all of the things written in it are so good, so blissful, and so true. I felt so relaxed, and taken care of. Now I knew what I needed to do to achieve my goal of getting all 10's on my January exams - I just started feeling that I'm a prospective, successful student. I remembered some of such students I knew, and I examined my feelings about them, and then I applied those feelings on myself. I really felt those same feelings about myself. I knew that I was articulate, intelligent, and smart, so I was reading all of my books with the greatest attention and interest. I memorized the facts with ease, and reproduced them in a scholarly manner. That was phase one.

On phase two, I just told myself that I have already gotten my 10's, time is an illusion, and I ALREADY know that I have them. I already felt as a student who has all 10's. The catch here is to really not let in any contradicting thoughts: no 9's, no settling for less. I knew that the Universe is omnipotent and that it can deliver me my grades. I was also very grateful to the Universe because my faith is so strong.

On the day of my first exam, I was cheerful and calm. I felt a bit nervous, but my faith never abandoned me. When I left my apartment, I just thought to myself, "I know that I'll get that 10 no matter what," and I meant it.

My exam went perfect. I knew everything, and I felt so smart and capable. The professor was very kind, and congratulated me ,and even made a remark of how happy my parents must be with me, while giving me my student's book with my first 10 written in it.

When I left her office, I started running all over the college building. I was overwhelmed with feelings of happiness and gratitude, and also astonished at the power of the Universe. I don't know what to call that power. I would like to call it some other way, something nicer and more friendly, because I knew at that moment that it was my friend, and that I'm never alone in my intentions.

I am very grateful for grasping that knowledge at this young age, and also very grateful for myself being enough open-hearted to accept it and believe in it.

Since then, I got 10's on all of my exams. Just yesterday I had my first exam in summer term, and guess what I got? :)

I hope that many students will read this, and believe it. Don't make the mistake of thinking - I'm not smart enough for it, because I see it every day - people settling for less than they could have. Yes, I'm talking to YOU!

No comments: